To increase the lifespan of your implement there are some do and don’ts every farmer needs to adhere to:
- Avoid using the plough without the hitch assembly as this will wear out your wheel axle, and holes will start to develop on the wheel arms and the wheel hub.
- Never oil your axle – this will attract soil particles which are likely to form a grinding paste that will wear out your wheel and axle faster.
NB: The Wheel is made out of cast iron and is therefore self-lubricating!!!
- When moving your plough from the homestead to the field and back, we highly recommend that you transport it in a cart (enqoleni/ngoro).
- Always clean and remove soil particles before and after use.
- Tighten all loose nuts and bolts after and before use
- Check all worn out parts for replacement
- Store under dry conditions in a shed to avoid rusting.
- To increase the life span of your plough, NEVER leave the plough in the field!